Image of a filles for compalints

Suggestions and Complaints


Please do let us know if you have any comments, suggestions or complaints about the service you have received. We operate a practice complaints procedure that meets national criteria and ensures your views are recorded and, where appropriate, acted upon.

If you would like to make a complaint, please contact either Jenny Naden (practice manager) or one of the doctors as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can read the complaints policy below or by asking at reception.


Complaints Procedure

All other comments, views or suggestions are always welcome and help us to continue providing a high-quality service to all our patients. Please contact any member of staff with any comments you have to make.

If you have had a good experience or would like to compliment a member of our staff, please use the NHS website to post your comment or fill out a Friends and Family test on our website or in reception.

If you would like to give a suggestion for how we can improve our service, please contact the surgery reception team or practice manager by phone, email or letter.

If you would like to make a formal complaint, please email or write to the practice manager, Jenny Naden, or one of the doctors as soon as possible, or ask for a complaints form at reception.

If you feel you can’t do this, or would prefer not to, then please contact the NHS Lancashire and South Cumbria Integrated Care Board customer care team, who can also provide you with a copy of our complaints procedure, if required.

Service provider complaints

For complaints about independent contractor services, such as GPs, dentists, pharmacies and opticians, please contact:

NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

Tel: 0300 311 22 33 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, excluding bank holidays)

Contact NHS England online

Health Service Ombudsman

If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your complaint, we will undertake further investigation to resolve it to your satisfaction. However, if you are still not happy, you can report it to the health service ombudsman.

The parliamentary and health service ombudsman may investigate complaints on your behalf, but only if your complaint has already been investigated at a local resolution and independent review level. There is no charge for this service and the ombudsman is completely independent of the NHS.

Telephone: 0345 015 4033 (open 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday)

Contact the Health Service Ombudsman

Independent advice

If you require independent advice about the complaints process, there is a service called Advocacy Access for all advocacy-related issues/enquiries, aimed at both members of the public and professionals.

  • Tel: 0345 456 3210
  • Textphone: 07886 744 634


You don’t ever need to worry about the service you receive in future being adversely affected because you have made a complaint. We take all comments seriously and only ever use the information to review our services and make improvements, where needed.